2002 Ken Basset Rascal Design - Home Built Rascal Used Classic Wooden Boat For Sale in Tonka Bay, MN
This Boat has been Sold
- Type Of Boat
- Ken Basset Rascal Design - Home Built
- LOA (feet)
- Hull Only (ft)
- Hull with Platform (ft)
- Hull with Platform and Pulpit (ft)
- Draft (ft)
- Beam (ft)
- Deck Material
- Hull Material
- Superstructure Material
- Tonka Bay, MN
- Contact Number
- Engine Make
- Engine Model
- Engine Year
- Freshwater Cooling (Internal)
- Fuel Type
- Boat Survey
- Survey Date
- Swim Platform
- Trailer Make
- Trailer Model
- Trailer Year
- Winter Cover
- Dinghy Make
- Cabins (number)
- Air Conditioning
- Wet Bar (With Sink)
- Dry Bar (No Sink)
- Manual Head
- Electric Head
- Fire Extinguisher
- Color of Canvas
- Bridge Enclosure
- Bridge Cover
- Bridge Enclosure
- Convertible Top
- Side Curtains
- Drop Curtain
- Bimini (after)
- Camper Back
- Tonneau Cover
- Deck Enclosure
- Windshield Cover
- Sleeps (Number of People)
- Holding Tanks (total number)
- Water Tanks
The Li'l Woodie is an awesome 15' hand-built, all Honduran Mahogany runabout boat. It's a Ken Bassett Rascal Runabout design.
We have down-sized to a smaller house and don't have storage space or dock space for the boat. It's time to sell (it's like cutting out my heart!). ☹
The building of the Li'l Woodie was completed in 2002. It was home-built. It has never leaked (not a drop) and does not need to be "pre-soaked" prior to use. It's a complete turn-key package ready for you and your family to enjoy! Includes: boat, motor, trailer, custom cockpit cover, custom storage cover...and a bunch of other stuff!
The Rascal Runabout design is known for its speed and agility on the water, and the Li'l Woodie is no exception. Referred to by the designer as the "Porsche" of boats, it's a two-seater sports car for the water. It's a blast to drive! It's gorgeous (OK...it's really hot!). It always attracts a crowd on the water or over the road.
The Li'l Woodie is in excellent condition. It has been used sparingly since the build was complete. Usage has been about 10-12 hours a season...tops! The boat has been used exclusively on beautiful Lake Minnetonka, which is a fresh-water lake located in the western suburbs of Minneapolis. The Li'l Woodie has never seen anything but fresh-water. During the short Minnesota summer, it's stored on a covered/enclosed lift. In the off-season, it's stored covered in a private, heated garage.
The Li'l Woodie won "Best Home-Built" boat at the 2003 In-Water ACBS Mahogany Classic Boat Show in Red Wing, MN.
• Boat is 15' long; 5' beam
• Double-planked design using silicone bronze fasteners, stainless steel staples and West System epoxy throughout
• All Honduran Mahogany, except for part of the bottom towards the transom (that's what the design called for). The non-Mahogany part of the bottom is Okoume marine-greade plywood, painted with Interlux bottom paint.
• 12 coats of Epiphanes varnish on hull, complete interior of hull and interior components. Was re-varnished about 5 years ago.
• Green marine soft vinyl seats with automobile-type support - no hard bench seats on this bad-boy!!
• All stainless steel hardware with custom-made cutter
• Engine: 2002 Mercury 60hp, 4-stroke. It was purchased new...and still is like new. It has a total of about 140 hours.
• The original fuel tank was changed from a fixed tank design to two-6 gallon, removable tanks for easy filling (and to make sure the gas is new and clean).
• Music: AM/FM, CD player with 2 speakers
• Manual bulge pump that has NEVER been used. Yes. . .it works but there has never been any water in the Li'l Woodie.
• Front red/green and rear white stern navigation lights
• Comes with a green cockpit cover and a separate custom-fit storage cover
• Trailer: 2002 EZ-Loader with less than 100 miles TOTAL use (I rounded up). Has two padded bunks, custom wrench, break-away hitch
Some photos are included as part of this ad. A photo slideshow that shows the making of the Li'l Woodie is on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/SgIJLfn_vuEyoutu.be
A video of the Li'l Woodie in action on the water is on YouTube. It was shot on October 5, 2016 on Lake Minnetonka in Minnesota. https://youtu.be/GA2Ap95VkYU
WE WILL DELIVER THE BOAT in the Continental U.S. We would charge round trip mileage at $0.55 mile.
This Boat has been Sold